Downtown Wickenburg is a great place to go into business! We have space available for restaurants, retail shops, or offices.
Downtown Wickenburg is home to several great restaurants and popular bars. Open your new joint and add to the lively mix of restaurateurs and capitalize on Wickenburg's hungry and thirsty crowds.
Looking for a gift, Western wear, cowboy clothing, fine art, antiques and jewelry or more? Do you have a shop that would add to our mix of local shop owners? Downtown Wickenburg is a popular tourist destination, evidenced by the many folks strolling through our downtown sidewalks and shops. Come join this eclectic mix of unique shops that makes Wickenburg a one-of-a-kind destination.
There are various types of local businesses in Town services based in historic Downtown Wickenburg. Whether you need to check out a book at the Library, get a haircut, or insurance quote, we've got your covered! Office suites are available.
Contact Pamela Green at 928-684-5451 ext 1522 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how your business will successful in downtown Wickenburg.
In May, 2017, Downtown Wickenburg was designated as an Entertainment District by the Town Council. Come join us for shopping, dining, entertainment, special events, art walks, narrated statues and so much more!
Businesses Selling Alcohol
No need to worry about the 300 foot restriction area for alcohol sales in Downtown Wickenburg! Being an entertainment district, the 300 foot requirement can be waived with a properly approved liquor license application.
The Entertainment District boundaries include the area east of the BNSF railroad, south of Sols Wash, West of the Hassayampa River, and generally bounded on the south by Hassayampa Elementary School. Contact Pamela Green for more information at 928-684-5451 ext 1522 or email@example.com to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
Check out this project website at http://wickenburgdowntownplan.com/
A Redevelopment Area is an area of the Town designated by the Town Council to be in need of revitalization. The Redevelopment Area will help spur development and adaptive reuse of vacant or underutilized structures and land.
Establishing a Redevelopment Area is a necessary step for adding economic tools like the Government Property Lease Excise Tax (GPLET). Additionally, a Redevelopment Area makes available certain federal funds to be used to enhance neighborhoods and business districts. Activities may include renovation to buildings, new construction and neighborhood amenities.
The Town of Wickenburg does NOT record a property's inclusion in a Redevelopment Area. The designation of the Redevelopment Area is NOT intended as a reflection of specific properties in the Area.
Downtown Planning Community Workshop
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Wickenburg Community Center Banquet Room (160 N Valentine St)
6:00 pm: Join your neighbors and provide input on a downtown vision and preferred design standards.
- Parcel survey/Data Gathering (November 2017)
- Public Outreach (December 2017-January 2018)
- Town Council makes formal designation (February 2018) (Postponed)
- Begin crafting Redevelopment Plan (March to September 2018)
- Public Outreach (March to September 2018)
- Planning and Zoning Board Review (October 2018)
- Town Council adopts Redevelopment Plan (November 2018)
Designating a Redevelopment Area
A Redevelopment Area means an area where a predominance of the properties experience any of the following:
- Dominance of defective or inadequate street layout
- Faulty lot layout in relation to size, adequacy, accessibility or usefulness
- Unsanitary or unsafe conditions
- Deterioration of site or other improvements
- Diversity of ownership (by block)
- Tax or special assessment delinquency
- Defective or unusual conditions of title
- Improper or obsolete subdivision platting
- Existence of conditions that endanger life or property by fire and other causes
- Invitation to June 20 Meeting
- Invitation to April 12 Meeting
- Findings of Necessity Appendix (Very large file)
If you have questions or concerns, please contact Pamela Green at 928-684-5451 ext 1522 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org